The kind of meal I can quickly toss in a sauce pan while attending to my daughter's homeworks and evening routine.
It can be served with any steamed vegetables or a side salad, and I usually cook either some pasta or some pearl barley on the side.
If you buy the chicken already cubed, your work is going to be pretty much to heat oil, toss it in and season, this is THAT easy.
The bonus is that there is usually enough leftover for me to eat the next day for lunch, can we say "Yay"?
- 500g of diced boneless chicken breast (without skin)
- 200ml Fresh cream (I used one small carton of Amul Fresh Cream)
- 1-2 tbsp of mustard (I used 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard)
- 1 tbsp of dried basil
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- salt to taste
- mustard oil for cooking
What to do :
1) Heat mustard oil in a big saucepan or dutch oven. DO NOT use a wok or Kadai, it dries out the chicken too much in that recipe.
2) Add the chicken cubes to the oil and stir occasionally until the chicken starts to brown.
3) Reduce the heat and add 1 or 2 table spoon of mustard to the chicken along with the garlic powder and dried basil. Stir for a minute.
4) Add the cream, stir and cover. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked to the center.
5) Remove from the stove. Serve hot with your choice of vegetables and carbs on the side.
This is IT!
Isn't it nice when cooking doesn't tie you to the stove more than 15 minutes?